In this guide you’ll learn how to watch The Island with Bear Grylls abroad. Watch both as it shows on TV and on catch-up if you miss it, from any country in the world.
The Island with Bear Grylls is one of the most refreshing TV Series of recent years and now a few years since the original series it just gets better and better.
If you’re abroad however outside the UK then it’s unlikely you’ll find anywhere to watch the latest series and if you try to watch on Channel 4’s online streaming service All 4 you’ll be blocked for being out of the country.
The great news is there is a really simple app called a VPN that will let you watch The Island with Bear Grylls abroad and it only takes a few minutes and no technical knowledge to do.
What is a VPN and how does it help me watch
A VPN is a small app that lets you change your online location and make it appear as if you’re in another country.
Say for example you’re in Australia. On the VPN app, you connect to the UK. When you visit Channel 4’s All 4 service it thinks you are in the UK because of the VPN app and so lets you watch The Island.
A VPN will set you back a couple of pounds per month. Recent series of The Island has run for around 5 – 6 episodes so you’ll need at least two months subscription to the VPN service to watch the entire latest series.
Depending on what type of device you want to watch The Island on depends on the steps, so read below the steps for your device.
Watch The Island with Bear Grylls on a Computer
Without question, the easiest way to watch The Island with Bear Grylls abroad is on a computer or laptop.
Just follow the 6 simple steps below.
- Visit the VPN provider IPVanish by clicking here and sign-up. You get a 7-day money back guarantee so it’s risk-free.
- Go to the Apps section of the IPVanish website and download their Windows or Mac app.
- Install and run the app and login with the account details you created when signing up.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the app select United Kingdom (1).
- Below that press the large Connect (2) button.
- After 15 seconds the app should connect, now visit the Channel 4 website.
You’re now able to watch the live showing or if you miss it then you can watch it at a later stage on catch-up.
When you’ve finished watching simply Disconnect from the IPVanish app. Then reconnect again in future when the next episode is ready.
Watch The Island with Bear Grylls on a Mobile or Tablet
To watch The Island with Bear Grylls on a mobile or tablet you will need to have pre-installed the Channel 4 ‘All 4’ app on your phone or tablet before leaving the UK.
If you have then just follow the steps below to watch abroad.
- Visit the VPN provider IPVanish by clicking here and sign up to their service.
- Go to your app store and search for ‘IPVanish‘ and install the app.
- Open the app and login with your account details.
- Press on Country (1), Select the United Kingdom (2).
- Press Connect (3).
- Once connected launch the Channel 4 ‘All 4’ app on your phone or tablet.
You’ll now be able to watch The Island with Bear Grylls in any country in the world on your mobile phone or tablet.
This works for both Android phones and tablets and also iOS ones such as the iPhone or iPad.
When you finished just open the IPVanish app and Disconnect. You can reconnect when the next episode is available.
If you don’t have the Channel 4 app already installed and you’re outside the UK then it’s still possible to install it. You’ll need to consult our Android How to install apps outside country guide or our Apple How to install apps outside country guide before completing the 6 steps above.
Watch The Island with Bear Grylls on a Smart TV
Some Smart TVs will allow you to watch The Island abroad but it will need to have the Channel 4 app already built in or you’ll need to be able to install it.
If you can then you’ll next need to check if your Smart TV allows you to change the ‘DNS Settings‘. You’ll usually find these in the Network Settings area and TVs such as Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic VIERA Smart TVs usually allow you to change them.
Once you’ve confirmed you have or can get the Channel 4 app on your TV and it’s possible to edit the DNS Settings just follow the instructions below.
- Visit the VPN provider StrongVPN by clicking here and sign-up for their service. (There’s a 30-day money back guarantee if you can’t get it working)
- Next visit the StrongDNS.com website and sign-in with your account details.
- In the Members area of the website Choose the region closest to you and press Save.
- Write down the two sets of numbers next to primary and secondary DNS (ie; 184.108.40.206)
- On your Smart TV go to the Network Settings and Edit the DNS Settings.
- Enter the two sets of numbers you wrote down and save the settings.
- Run the Channel 4 app on your Smart TV.
You’ll now be able to watch The Island with Bear Grylls abroad on your Smart TV.
When is The Island with Bear Grylls shown
The Island with Bear Grylls is back for Series 5 in the UK and starts on Monday, 2nd April 2018.
The first episode is shown at 9 pm and will be shown around the same time each week. This series runs for 5 episodes and there will likely be a ‘coming out’ show afterwards.
This time the contestants will be stranded on a remote island in the Pacific Ocean. Like other years they will be split into two groups.
However, this year it won’t be a young and old group like previous years but a high and low earners group. The plan is to see which group fair better. Will those who earn high salaries of over £100,000 per year fair better than those who earn less than the average British wage?
Watch The Island with Bear Grylls abroad Recap
If you want to watch The Island with Bear Grylls abroad on a computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone you’ll need to get yourself a VPN from the company IPVanish.
You can get one by clicking the button below. You should then connect to the United Kingdom on the VPN app and you’ll then be able to watch The Island either on the Channel 4 website or on the Channel 4 app.
If you’ve got a Smart TV then it’s possible to watch too but you’ll need a SmartDNS service from StrongVPN. You can find out more earlier in this guide on how to set it up on a Smart TV.