If you’re looking for a way to watch the Australian Open then you’ve probably found like us that your options are extremely limited.
The Australia Open is restricted to viewing on expensive cable networks only regardless of what country you’re in. If you don’t have a subscription you can be often left out in the cold unable to view.
This leads many to look for less legitimate ways to watch but in our experience, these types of sites are filled with viruses that can do your device more harm than good. Not to mention they’re illegal too and could see you slapped with a fine.
We’ve put together this guide to show you the easiest way to watch the Australia Open legitimately with as little effort as possible. You won’t need an expensive cable TV subscription and you won’t need to visit any sketchy websites.
All you’ll need is an app called a VPN. So read on to find out how you can watch the Australian Open online free anywhere.
How to watch the Australian Open on your computer
The Australian Open is being shown live online on the Australia TV Network 7Plus. If you try to visit the 7Plus website outside Australia you’ll be blocked from viewing with a message like this:
To avoid this block you’ll need to sign-up for a service called a VPN from provider NordVPN. Just follow the instructions below and you’ll be watching the Australian Open in no time.
How to watch the Australian Open on your computer:
- Visit the NordVPN website by clicking here (You can save 30% using the code VPNCOMP17)
- Sign-up to their service.
- Download their Windows or Mac app from the VPN Apps section of their website.
- Install the app, run it and login with your account details.
- On the map select and press on Australia.
It will take about 15 seconds for the NordVPN app to make connection.
Once it’s connected all you need to do is visit the 7Plus website and click on Live TV where you’ll be able to watch all the Australian Open action without restriction.
When you’ve finished watching just Disconnect by pressing the Power Button on the NordVPN app. You can reconnect at any time in future to continue watching future matches.
How to watch the Australian Open on your tablet or mobile
Watching the Australian Open on your tablet or mobile is just as easy as watching on a computer.
Again, if you try to visit the 7Plus website that’s streaming the Australian Open and you’re outside Australia you’ll be blocked from viewing.
To avoid this block you need to get yourself a VPN app from NordVPN. Follow the instructions below that show you how to get one and how to stream all the tennis action.
How to watch the Australian Open on your tablet or mobile:
- Visit the NordVPN website and sign-up. (use code VPNCOMP17 and you can save 30%)
- Go to either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and search NordVPN.
- Install the app and run it. Login when required.
- Select Australia on the map and press the power connect button.
It only takes a few seconds for the app to connect. Once it’s connected you can launch your usual mobile web-browser such as Google Chrome and visit the 7Plus website.
You’ll be able to stream the entire Australia Open live while on the move.
How to watch the Australian Open on a Fire TV Stick
If you’ve got a Fire TV or Fire TV Stick and you want to watch the Australian Open on it then it’s possible. Just follow the instructions below.
How to watch the Australian Open on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick:
- Visit the VPN provider ExpressVPN and sign-up.
- On your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick search for the ExpressVPN app and install it.
- Download either the Firefox or Silk web browser for your Fire TV device.
- Run the ExpressVPN app and connect to Australia.
- Run the Firefox or Silk web-browser and visit the 7Plus website.
You’ll now be able to access the Live TV area and watch the Australian Open on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
When is the Australia Open shown
The Australian Open starts on 15th January 2018 and will run until 28th January 2018.
The tennis tournament takes place in Melbourne, Australia and has a total prize pot of 55 Million Australian Dollars.
Roger Federer won the men’s tournament with Serena Williams beating her sister to become the winner of the women’s tournament in 2017.
Don’t forget, you can watch the entire Australian Open free by using a VPN. Click the button below to get one and follow the instructions earlier in this guide for your device.