If you're wondering how you can watch Quest abroad outside the UK then this is the guide for you.
In this guide I'm going to show you how you can watch Quest abroad in any country in the world and not only Quest but also other UK TV channels too.
Quest is one of the better Freeview TV channels and if you're a fan of programmes such as Gold Rush, Arctic Waters, Mighty Ships, Railroad Australia or motorsports like Le Mans then Quest is the channel you need.
Unfortunately, Quest isn't available in most countries around the world and even with new EU ‘portability‘ rules, as Quest isn't a subscription service they don't have to offer it even when you're in the EU.
Read on to find out how you can watch Quest TV abroad in the EU or across the rest of the world.
Watch Quest TV abroad
If you're outside the UK either travelling, as an expat or you just love Quest and you don't live in the UK then you'll be disappointed to see it blocked when you visit.
Rather than being able to watch your favourite Quest shows you're blocked with a message that looks a little bit like this.
The reason you're blocked is obvious, you're not in the UK. No need to worry though, there's a really simple solution to unblock Quest.
What you'll need is an app called a VPN. A VPN is a privacy tool that lets you alter your location. So let's say for example you're in Australia, you can use a VPN to make it look like you're in the UK.
The result is, Quest is unblocked and you can watch in any country.
How to watch Quest TV abroad
To watch Quest abroad you'll need a VPN app. VPN apps work on most Windows and Mac OS computers and laptops, Android and iOS tablets and phones and some providers such as ExpressVPN even work on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick.
Three VPN providers I've tested and work well for watching Quest abroad are:
In the example below I'm using ExpressVPN because they work with a larger range of devices but you can use any of the three above, just choose one.
How to watch Quest TV abroad Step-by-Step:
- Visit your chosen VPN provider such as ExpressVPN and sign up for their service. They have a massive 30-day money back guarantee so there's no need to worry if you can't get it working.
- Once you've signed up go to the Products section of the website and download the correct app for your device. You may need to visit the My Account section too to get the activation code.
- Open the app and when required either enter the activation code or your email and password to login.
- Press Choose Location and then click or tap on United Kingdom.
- The app should automatically connect for you but if not just press the large Connect button.
It doesn't take more than 30 seconds for the app to connect and once connected it will let you know.
Once it has connected you have two options. To watch Quest Live you should visit the TVPlayer Quest website. If you would prefer to watch on catch-up then you can visit the Quest Website to watch on-demand content.
When you've finished watching simply disconnect from the VPN app. You can reconnect at any time to continue watching Quest or use it to watch other services abroad such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and more.
Can I watch Quest abroad on a Fire stick?
If you want to watch Quest abroad on an Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick then this is entirely possible.
For this you will need any Fire TV devices or a Generation 2 Fire Stick. The Generation 2 is the one with the Alexa voice remote. So you would have a microphone at the top of the remote.
To watch Quest live you on your Fire TV or Fire Stick abroad you should follow the instructions below.
- Visit ExpressVPN and sign up for their service.
- On your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick search for ‘ExpressVPN' and click to Install the app.
- Next search for ‘TVPlayer' and click to Install the app.
- Open the installed ExpressVPN app and press Choose Location. Select United Kingdom and connect.
- Once the app has connected go to the apps section on your Fire TV or Fire Stick and select the TVPlayer app.
You can now watch Quest TV abroad on your Amazon device live no matter where you are in the world.
Currently there is no Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick app for Quest TV so it's impossible to watch catch-up TV.
How to watch Quest TV abroad Recap
If you're outside the UK and you want to watch Quest then you'll be pleased to know it's really easy to do.
You can watch on almost all types of devices. All you'll need to watch Quest abroad is to get an app called a VPN. You can get my recommended VPN by clicking the button below.
Once you've signed up and downloaded the correct VPN app for your device type, connect to the UK and then you'll be able to watch Quest wherever you are in the world.