Watch Man United vs Liverpool EPL live online

Manchester United Liverpool

Liverpool travels to Old Trafford this Sunday to face Manchester United in what is set to be a crunch match for the entire Premier League season this year.

Manchester United have turned their fortunes around this season after languishing around mid-table and now sit 4th. They will be hoping to capitalise on their new-found form after José Mourinho’s departure.

Liverpool, on the other hand, has everything to play for. Currently sitting 2nd with a game in hand they need at least a draw to propel them back to top-spot otherwise Manchester City will sit comfortably back into the lead position.

With it being such a critical game and the United v Liverpool rivalry being one of the oldest and fiercest in the Premier League it’s a game you won’t want to miss. If you’re outside the UK or you don’t have access to a cable subscription, then your options are minimal.

In this guide I’ll be showing you how you can watch an official stream of the match anywhere in the world without the need for a cable subscription.

What you need to watch Man United v Liverpool

The Man United v Liverpool match this Sunday is being shown officially overseas on the Russian network MatchTV!. They also stream the game live online on their website which is similar to Sky Sports or BT Sport but in Russia.

The match is free to watch if you’re in Russia but if you’re not, you’ll hit a block screen.

By using a ‘VPN‘ app you can change your online location so you appear in Russia, unblocking the stream allowing you to watch anywhere in the world.

VPN apps are 100% legal privacy tools & MatchTV is an official stream of the game for the Russian market.

This solution works in any country from the UK to the USA and Austria to Australia. It doesn’t matter where you are.

Where to get a VPN app

VPN apps are everywhere these days and it’s difficult to know which to choose.

They all do much the same job but some are indeed better than others. It’s essential to get one that offers a ‘Russian Server’ because this is what will allow you to unblock MatchTV and watch Man United v Liverpool this weekend.

My recommendation is to use ExpressVPN. The have a ‘Russian Server’, are easy to use and more importantly are fast so you won’t get any buffering or miss a second of the action.

A couple of other good options are NordVPN and VyprVPN which work well too if you want to shop around a bit.

Now, follow the steps below where I’ll show you how you can use the VPN to watch the entire Manchester United vs Liverpool match this Sunday.

How to watch Man United v Liverpool

Watching the match using a VPN is easy. Just follow the steps below. In this example, I’m using ExpressVPN but you can adapt it to use any of the three recommended VPN apps from above.

  1. Visit the ExpressVPN website and sign up for their service.
  2. Download their app from the ‘Products’ area of their website or your usual app store by searching ‘ExpressVPN’.
  3. Open the app and login with your account details.
  4. Press ‘Choose Location‘ or the ‘‘ button.
  5. Then press ‘All‘, ‘Europe‘ and finally select ‘Russia‘.
  6. Press ‘Connect‘ if you need to, however, the app may automatically start connecting for you.
ExpressVPN Russia

Watch Man United vs Liverpool.

Once the app has connected you now appear like you’re in Russia.

This will allow you to watch the entire match live on the official MatchTV network. All you need to do now is visit the MatchTV Live Stream page by clicking this link at the time of kick-off and you can watch all the action live.

When is Man United v Liverpool shown?

The Manchester United v Liverpool game takes place on Sunday, 24th February 2019.

Kick-off will be at the strange time of 2:05 pm GMT so don’t forget to set your alarms for this time. If you’re outside the UK, then use a website like ‘The Time Zone Converter‘ to work out the time in your country.

Man United v Liverpool predictions

Who is going to win a game like Man United v Liverpool is anyone’s guess.

However, there are some sources we can take into account if you’re already trying to determine the winner.

Statistics on Google suggest that Liverpool have a 42% chance of winning, with 27% chance a draw and just 31% chance of Manchester United winning. Much of this is probably down to Liverpool’s form this season and the prior lack of structure from United.

Much has changed in the last couple of months which has upped the possibility of United taking a win this time around.

Last time the two sides played was back in December where Liverpool won 3-1 at home in Anfield although this is a Manchester United side playing much more positive football.

If you look back at the last 10 Premier League meetings stretching back to 2014, then Man United have won 5, drawn 3 and lost just 2.

I’m predicting a draw but if anyone wins, then I think Liverpool might pip it with a 2-1 win. What are your thoughts and what do you think the final scoreline will be?

Where is the match taking place?

The February 24th game takes place at Old Trafford. Manchester United’s ground in Manchester, England.

The two teams have already met once this season back in December at Anfield, Liverpool’s football ground.

Is Man United v Liverpool the PL’s biggest rivalry?

Many would argue that the north-west derby between Manchester United and Liverpool is the biggest rivalry in the Premier League.

Although you have 4 top teams in London which could stake a claim, my opinion is there are no more significant meetings than United v Liverpool.

Manchester City, who, let’s be honest didn’t have any fans until recent years may become a heated game in future but with little history, it doesn’t stand up to the passion and dare I say it, the hatred that Liverpool and Manchester United supporters have for each other’s teams.

Even United legend Paul Scholes recently told Sky Sports, “I think it’s the biggest rivalry in English football.”

Recap: What you need to watch

To watch the Manchester United v Liverpool match, you’ll need to subscribe to a VPN service from ExpressVPN.

Once you’ve signed up download their app and connect to ‘Russia’.

You can then watch an official live stream of the match for free on MatchTV!.

 

Ready to get a VPN? Try our recommended VPN service provider.

  • Watch the match live
  • No cable subscription needed
  • Easy to set up and use

Christopher Seward

Author: Christopher Seward

After 25 years of using the internet, Christopher launched one of the very first VPN comparison websites in 2013. An expert in the field his reviews, testing and knowledge have helped thousands of users get the correct VPN for their needs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign up to our newsletter

Get the latest privacy news, expert VPN guides & TV unblocking how-to’s sent straight to your inbox.