Watch Liverpool vs Manchester United live online free

Liverpool Man United

Recommended: Watch Liverpool vs Man United free using ExpressVPN

A Liverpool vs Manchester United match is probably one of the fiercest Premier League fixtures in the history of the league.

This Sunday, Manchester United face current league leaders Liverpool at Anfield.

If you're as excited to watch this as I am then you've probably been looking for all manner of sources to watch. Unless you've got an expensive cable subscription then your options are severely limited, especially if you're outside the UK.

A quick search of Google will throw up thousands of highly-questionable streams of the match that are not only illegal to watch but also extremely poor quality. They also put the security of your computer or other device at risk with sketchy adverts and downloads.

Below I'm going to show you how you can watch a completely legitimate stream of the Liverpool vs Manchester United match using a simple ‘VPN‘ app.

Step 1: Choose a VPN app

There are hundreds of different VPNs to choose from and they all sound much the same.

Not all are suitable for watching the Liverpool vs Manchester United match because they don't have what is known as a ‘Russian Server' which will enable you to watch the official stream on Russian network, MatchTV.

My recommendation is to use ExpressVPN but there are others and if you've got time to check out the competition then these are my top three picks to watch the game:

  1. ExpressVPN – Recommended
  2. NordVPN
  3. VyprVPN

All you need to do is choose one of the three from above. They'll each cost you a couple of pounds or dollars per month but you'll only need a 1-month package to watch the Liverpool vs United match.

You can, of course, use it to watch other matches in that time too.

30-day money back guarantee

Step 2: Download the VPN app

Once you've signed up for one of the three providers above you should download their app.

Apps are available for Android and Apple iOS phones and tablets, computers running Windows or Mac OS plus devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick.

If you're using a mobile device then simply search your regular app store for the name of the VPN service you signed up for, for example, ‘ExpressVPN'.

ExpressVPN Google Play

Search your app store for ‘ExpressVPN'

Or if you've got a computer or laptop download the app directly from the provider's website. On the ExpressVPN website, you'll find it in the ‘Products' section.

Step 3: Connect to a Russian Server

Now you've got the VPN app installed it's simply a case of connecting to a Russian server.

The first time you open the app you'll likely need to login or activate it.

After that, you should press ‘Choose Location‘ then ‘Europe‘ and finally ‘Russia‘.

You may need to also press ‘Connect‘ if the app doesn't automatically connect for you.

ExpressVPN Russia

Watch Liverpool vs Manchester United.

Once the app has connected all you need to do is visit the MatchTV website where you can watch Liverpool vs Manchester live.

Don't forget this is the completely official stream for Russia but you can now watch free from anywhere in the world.

Exclusive Offer: Save 49% off today!

When is Liverpool vs Manchester United shown

Manchester United travel to Anfield on 16th December 2018 for their first meeting this season.

Kick off is 4 pm UK time which is 5 pm on mainland Europe.

What is MatchTV and is it legit

MatchTV is an official broadcaster from Russia.

They officially show games from the English Premier League as well as loads of other sports like boxing, ice skating and more.

It's a free service but it's restricted to viewing from within Russia only. By using a VPN you can pretend you are in Russia which lets you watch the match.

This means because it's an official stream of the match you won't suffer any buffering, pauses or other poor playback issues. Allowing you to watch the Liverpool vs United match without interruption.

Who is likely to win the match

A meet up between these two rivals is one of the most explosive in the Premier League but this year it may be somewhat of a surprise.

Liverpool currently sits top of the league with an unbeaten run in 16 games and a massive 42 points. Manchester United, on the other hand, have had somewhat of a laboured start to the season but are still sitting a respectable 6th in the league but with only 26 points.

Mourinho's team have everything to prove this season and after a disastrous start, they're beginning to claw back points and move up the table.

Liverpool, on the other hand, has everything to lose and will want to stay ahead of Manchester City who have been on fire meaning they desperately need to win this match.

Statistics give Liverpool a 62% chance of winning this match, with 23% for a draw and just 15% for a United win.

After a convincing but somewhat lucky win against Napoli mid-week for Liverpool and a loss for Man United that sees them progress in the tournament regardless, the psychology may just be enough to gain a result for Liverpool at home.

Recap: Watch Liverpool vs Manchester United live

To watch the Liverpool vs Manchester United match live this Sunday you'll need to get a VPN app.

This will allow you to watch an official stream of the match from Russia anywhere in the world.

Sign up for ExpressVPN and download their app. Then connect to Russia on the app.

You can now watch the full Liverpool vs Manchester United match live on MatchTV from anywhere in the world.

Where in the world are you going to be watching the match from and what are your predictions? I would love to know so pop a comment in the comments section below.


Ready to get a VPN? Try our recommended VPN service provider

  • Watch the full match live
  • Easy to set-up and use
  • 30-day money back guarantee

Get more articles like this:

Christopher Seward

Author: Christopher Seward

After 25 years of using the internet, Christopher launched one of the very first VPN comparison websites in 2013. An expert in the field his reviews, testing and knowledge have helped thousands of users get the correct VPN for their needs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign up to our newsletter

Get the latest privacy news, expert VPN guides & TV unblocking how-to’s sent straight to your inbox.

Black Friday sale

Up to 84% off!