In this guide you'll learn how to watch Eastenders abroad in just a few simple steps. Not to worry either, it's so easy, you can even do it if you're a beginner.
Eastenders is one of the best British soaps and alongside Coronation Street, it's one of the most watched soaps in the world.
If you're a Brit abroad, an expat or you just love gritty British soaps then you'll be disappointed to find that it's almost impossible to watch Eastenders abroad. Even if you do manage to find Eastenders abroad it's often well outdated and can often be on expensive subscription cable networks.
The great news is, you can watch Eastenders on BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world at the same time as people in the UK which means you can watch the latest episodes of Eastenders wherever you are in the world.
How to watch Eastenders abroad on a Desktop or Laptop
Without question, the easiest way to watch Eastenders is on your desktop or laptop computer.
To do this you'll need to get yourself an app called a VPN. A VPN is a small piece of software for your computer that allows you to change your “virtual location”.
Most VPN services list their price in US Dollars but the conversion is just a couple of pounds per month and the longer you subscribe the more you can save.
To watch Eastenders abroad on your computer follow the 6 steps below.
How to watch Eastenders abroad on computer:
- Visit the VPN provider NordVPN by clicking here and sign-up to their service. (There's a 30-day money back guarantee so it's completely risk free)
- Once signed up go to the VPN Apps section of the NordVPN website and download the app for your Windows or Mac computer.
- Install and run the app and login with the account details you made when signing up.
- On the world map locate the United Kingdom and click on it.
- The app should automatically connect but if not click the large Connect power button.
- Once connected visit the BBC iPlayer website by clicking here.
Now you're on the BBC iPlayer website you'll be able to watch Eastenders either on live or catch-up TV.
You're not just limited to watching Eastenders either, you can watch other BBC shows or even other channels like ITV or programmes such as Coronation Street.
If you've tried to watch BBC iPlayer before using a VPN you may find even when connected to the VPN it tells you that the TV shows are only available in the UK.
To fix this you should open your web-browser in InPrivate or Incognito mode. On Internet Explorer you can do this by clicking Cog Icon -> Safety -> InPrivate Browsing. On Google Chrome press the 3 Dots Icon -> New Incognito window.
If this doesn't resolve the issue Disconnect from the NordVPN app, press Countries, scroll down and find the United Kingdom and click on the three lines icon, then select one of the servers in the list and Connect.
How to watch Eastenders abroad on Mobile or Tablet
Watching Eastenders abroad on a mobile device is entirely possible.
However, it's made easier if you already have the BBC iPlayer app installed on your device in the UK prior to going abroad. If you have the iPlayer app already then read the steps below. If you don't have it installed then see further down for more details.
How to watch Eastenders abroad on a mobile device:
- Visit the VPN provider NordVPN by clicking here and sign-up to their service.
- Go to your app store and search “NordVPN” then install the app.
- Run the app and login with the account details you created on sign-up.
- On the map select the United Kingdom and click on it.
- It should automatically connect but if not press the Connect button.
- Launch the BBC iPlayer app on your mobile device.
You'll now be able to watch Eastenders live and on catch-up on the BBC iPlayer app.
You can also use the iPlayer app to watch other programmes and if you've got other apps installed like ITV, Sky Go, BT Sport and others installed you can also use these.
What if I don't have BBC iPlayer already installed?
If you're outside the UK and you don't have the BBC iPlayer app already installed then you may be blocked from downloading it directly.
First you should check the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to see if this is the case. If you are blocked then you'll need to follow the two guides below first to download the BBC iPlayer app and then follow the 6-steps above.
Watch Eastenders abroad on a Smart TV or other device
If you've got a Smart TV that has the BBC iPlayer app then it's also possible to watch Eastenders too.
Most Smart TVs such as Samsung TVs allow you to change the “DNS Settings” which can usually be found in the Network Settings of your TV Menu.
You'll need to refer to your manual to see if changing the DNS Settings is possible. If it's possible then you'll be able to watch Eastenders abroad on your Smart TV. Just follow the instructions below.
How to watch Eastenders on a Smart TV abroad:
- Visit the provider StrongVPN by clicking here and sign up to their service. (There's a risk-free 30-day money back guarantee)
- Once signed up go to StrongDNS.com and click Log In in the top right-hand corner.
- Login with the account details you created at StrongVPN.
- Under the Setup Instructions section select the region closest to you and press Save.
- Write down the Primary and Secondary DNS addresses (eg; 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206)
- On your Smart TV go to the Network Settings and Edit the DNS settings to match those you wrote down.
- Save those settings.
- Now open the BBC iPlayer app on your Smart TV.
You'll now be able to watch Eastenders and any other TV shows on BBC iPlayer on your Smart TV abroad.
Watching Eastenders Recap
To watch Eastenders abroad on your computer or mobile device you need to get yourself a VPN app which you can do by clicking the button below.
Once you've got one connect to the United Kingdom and then visit the BBC iPlayer website or launch the BBC iPlayer app. You can now watch Eastenders in any country.
If you've got a Smart TV then follow the instructions in the section above this.